Re: 8j1rl

Please pardon what may be a stupid question, I'm still a bit new to this radio

I'm curious as to how these two sentences belong together when they're talking
about the same contact. Isn't a 559 a perfectly readable, full scale signal
with no extraneous tones? If the 'Bird wasn't too strong here', at the most
that would be a 539 - right?

Or am I missing something altogether here. Please help the newbie!

::don't want to poke fingers, so snipped the names::

> Bird wasn't too strong here.  Gave him a 559 though.

                 KC7ZRU      |   In Laramie Area
               Laramie, WY   |    UARC Repeater
                 DN71eh      |      146.610
  "The Dungeon" online at http://www.cyberhighway.net/~tateb