Re: 8J1RL

skeptic49@earthlink.net writes:

>  would appreciate confirmation from someone of his correct QSL info and
>  address (JA9BOH, Kimio Maegawa, 67-9 Shimo, Aso Jima, Ohno, Fukui 912,
>  JAPAN).
>
>  Thanks and 73,
>
>  Jim, KK3K

Hi Jim,
I received this from Kimio when I worked him:
---------------
Hi Mike, N1JEZ

from Kimio, JA9BOH in Antarctia.

How to get 8J1RL  QSL card.
8J1RL is the special station by the JARL for Japanese Antarctic Research
Expedition member. I (JA9BOH) am responsible only for the operation during
Feb.1999 and Jan. 2000.
QSL card will be printed and written after my return to Japan on late March
2000. Then All QSL cards will be sent to the bureau.
I already made over 15,000 contact and will write the QSO data by computer
printer.

If you can not receive the QSL via the bureau , you must look for the person
who can receive it thru the bureau as QSL manager.
Sumio (JH3BJN) may do the job only for your satellite contact.
If you can receive the QSL thru bureau with no trouble , you do not ask for
him for QSL managingg.

JARL headquarter do not need the QSL from you , but I(JA9BOH) will accept it
for the memory of my Antactic operation(1999-3-21 to 2000-1-31) thru
the manager or the bureau. I like the photograph of your station or the
recording tape of 8J1RL signal. Both may be processed by computer and
internet. But do not send them to Antarctica base directly due
to the line capacity problem.

My address is
Sumio Nakane/JH3BJN
1-1 Ichinoi Omiya Kita Kyoto 603-8477 Japan
jh3bjn@amsat.org

73 Sumio