StenSat release tentatively scheduled for February 2

Hi folks,

StenSat is tentatively scheduled to be released from the OPAL satellite
during a afternoon or evening pass over Stanford on Wednesday February
2.  Please send us StenSat telemetry after the release.

After Stanford issues the release command, StenSat will be ejected from
OPAL with the batteries completely discharged.  After approximately one or
two hours of exposure to sunlight StenSat will wake up (we have our fingers
crossed) and start transmitting telemetry consisting of:

         - a Standard 1200 baud AX.25 (AFSK) telemetry packet every 5 seconds
         - a Morse code ID that will be sent every four minutes.

At a later date, the StenSat team will issue the command for placing
StenSat into voice repeater mode.  Until then, everyone is invited to
please try to "PING" StenSat with either of the following standard
telephone touch tone DTMF commands:

         #7464464                - (# key followed by the digits) to report
a status packet
         #7370563                - to report an extended status packet.

Telemetry information can be found at:

         http://users.erols.com/hheidt/telem.htm

StenSat's uplink frequency will be 145.84 MHz and the downlink will be
436.625 MHz.

For now use OPAL's keps for tracking StenSat after the release:

         http://ssdl.stanford.edu/opal/Operations/keps.txt

Thanks and 73,
Hank N4AFL
http://users.erols.com/hheidt/