Re: P3D launch guess??

Jon Ogden wrote:

> Was just perusing the launch schedules on the Florida Today webpage.  Found
> a couple of Ariane 506 launches.
>
> Of course we all know about the 506 launch in March.  The next 506 appears
> to be in late May carrying an ASTRA-2B and GE-7 satellites.  So with 2 big
> birds on board, that one will probably not carry our baby.  But that's a
> guess.
>
> The next 506 is scheduled for a July launch time frame.  Now on this one the
> only payload listed is an Alcatel Eurasiasat-1. . . .

There is only ONE Ariane launch 506 -- the launch of an Ariane 5 that comes
after number 505 and before number 507.  The launch manifest at
http://www.arianespace.com/status_nearterm.html shows number 505 scheduled for
March of 2000 and number 506 scheduled for late May.  Since Ariane 507 is not
yet on the provisional manifest list, launch date and payload are matters of
speculation.  However, your September guess seems reasonable.
--
Mark D. Johns, Cedar Falls, Iowa -- K0MDJ (EN32sm)
              http://pages.cfu.net/~mjohns/index.html