Re: JAWSAT Signal Report

on 1/29/00 4:17 PM, James William Cutler at jwc@Stanford.EDU wrote:

> Details on Artemis are found at:

For those who don't want to look it up:

Artemis was build by some female grad students at Santa Clara University.
It does not appear to be for general ham use, but has uplinks and downlinks
in the 2M amateur band.

This satellite also has a VLF receiver on board.  I remembered reading
somewhere (not on the website) that one of the purposes was to study
lightning in the upper atmosphere.

So, this won't be a bird we'll be talking on, at least not at present.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden