Re: JAWSAT questions

All the microsatellite attached to JAWSAT were deployed.  They
were deployed shortly after launch while JAWSAT was still attached
to the fourth stage.

The remaining satellites to be launched (including the amateur
STENSAT) are onboard the OPAL spacecraft.   Two picosatellites
will be ejected Jan 30, in the evening (PST).  These are the
Aerospace picosatellites.  Following that launch, we will fire
STENSAT and one of the Santa Clara picosatellites.  That may
happen Sunday evening or Monday morning.

We are having difficulty establishing contact with Opal.  We
think its a ground station problem and we are working the issue.
We just can't get good reception from our transceiver.  We have
limited control over picosatellite firing via a secondary
receiver.  That will be used tomorrow to fire picosatellites.

Hope that clears up a few things.  The Opal team at Stanford
greatly appreciates your forwarding of beacon messages.  Thanks
for all the info.

--Jamie Cutler
jwc@stanford.edu