Jawsat not heard

Apparently-to: tlang@freeway.apana.org.au
From: Richard@g3rwl.demon.co.uk (Richard W L Limebear)
Subject: [amsat-bb] Jawsat not heard

Birdmen, watchers,

Just took a look during the 28/2050utc pass over the UK

Jawsat not heard; spent >255 seconds on each of 437.070 and 437.170 MHz
looking for a 30 second burst of 9k6 data with readable packets (at least)
at the start and end of the burst. No 2.4 GHz capability.

ASUsat not heard; spent >2 minutes on 436.500 MHz looking for (duration ?)
packets about two minutes apart. (There wasn't much time left after wasting
ten minutes on the Jawsat freqs). No time to do the same on 436.700 MHz.

Opal heard (in passing); not decoded.

I'd be grateful if the satellite owners would tell us *exactly* what to look
for, where, and at what repetition rate.

I hear that the balloon on the flight is about magnitude +4 if anyone wants
to try for a visual sighting. Cloudy here.

Compared with the orbit #1 keplers, the birds are about two minutes earlier
(using the updated elements). Separation of ascending node EQXs seems to be
of the order of plus/minus 10-20 seconds so just one of the kepler sets will
suffice for the lot.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org