Re: 16 element, 12 turn Helix Discussion

Hi Jerry.  Indeed I would like to contribute to an experimenters webpage.
On the Helix situation, I have some pictures that I will scan, of a 16
element helix we built on 432 in Hawaii!  In fact, we have experience to
show that tapered and elevated lines above ground matching sections do NOT
work well.  We proved to ourselves that these radiate and raise havoc with
the pattern!  This array was on KH6O's place and was distroyed during
hurricane Iniki some years ago before we could optimize it but we did
bounce signals off the moon with 100 watts AND with crossed receive
polarization.  I need few days to read all the comments on the BB and then
post.  Right now I am hot after telemetry on JAWSAT!    Cliff K7RR