Re: JAWSAT Launch (MASAT status?)

With regards to a brief inquiry about MASAT, Prof. Twiggs replied:

    For OPAL, check the webpage:

	     ssdl.stanford.edu/opal

Alas, the link to the old MASAT home page on the OPAL pages is no longer
valid and the information that is theree seems is somewhat dated with
regards to MASAT.  I asked JWC about it and he didn't think it had gotten
completed.  I suppose the person who might know more definitively would
be whoever actually loaded up OPAL or did its launcher programming.

However, this is all fairly moot unless there's a ground crew out there
to activate MASAT, if actually got loaded.  My suspicions are not, but
i'd sure like to be wrong on that one.

P.S.  Folks should be aware that not everyone reading the list has the time
to respond at length to it.  There are a few people who i am pleased to have
merely reading some of the postings here.  Please don't be abrasive to them
if their schedule only permits a very brief respose.