RE: Bounce your signal off Mir (passive satellite)

Hello Bob

I tried to listen to the Navy radar a few months ago here in Paris when I discovered their nice WEB site.
I used  a broadband log periodic antenna (theoretical gain 6 to 7 dB, see description in a recent Amsat journal issue) connected to an ICOM IC-PCR 1000. Unfortunately, the receiver generates a huge "birdie" right on the 216,98 MHz frequency ! Bad luck ...

Cheers

Jean-Louis F6AGR