Miami Hamboree

Miami Hamboree will be held at February 5-6 at the Fair Expo Center, 10901
SW 24th Street (Coral Way), Miami.  Hamboree has developed an international
reputation as an excellent place to meet hams, purchase 'goodies' and learn
about Ham Radio as there is a significant number of attendees from the
Caribbean, Central America, and South America.  A large number of 'snow
birds' also make a point of attending the show.  Once again AMSAT will have
two booths which will be located at the same spot as in previous years
(booths 61, 62).  Hamfest hours are 0900-1700 Saturday and 0900-1600 on
Sunday (though we'll probably start taking down around 1430-1500). TAPR will
have a booth next to ours (headed by Steve Bible, N7HPR).

An AMSAT Forum is scheduled for Saturday from 1430-1530.  The Forum will
cover P3-D status, provide a general 'Introduction to Satellites' and Q&A.
In addition, we will be doing AO-27 demos on Saturday and Sunday mornings
(Jerry Schmidt, KK5YY will be available on Sunday to help out on the demos).

Martha is forwarding to me the 'goodie box.'  Steve, N7HPR and I will be
driving down from Jacksonville to Miami Friday evening, February 4 and we
have reservations at the 'hamfest hotel' (Club Hotel by Doubletree).  Early
on Saturday morning Steve will setup the TAPR booth and I will setup the
AMSAT booth.

Volunteers are needed to help man the booth on Saturday and Sunday.  If you
are planning to attend the Hamboree and can spend some time at the booth,
please send me an e-mail confirming your willingness to volunteer.  Please
specify which times that you will be available and whether you have
familiarity with particular tracking programs, satellites, WISP, etc.  Given
the broad scope of satellite operations, it would be nice to know who has a
particular interest in the event that questions are asked about an area that
you may be familiar.

Looking forward to Hamboree!

'73
Barry A. Baines, WD4ASW