Re: Bounce your signal off Mir (passive satellite)

Jean-Louis,

    Airplanes? Sure!

    Let's look at the doppler Assuming 300Hz doppler would give a speed of
roughly 2E-6 C or 60 M/sec. Jet aircraft cruse in the 500KT range (about 260
M/sec), but remember that the doppler you are seeing is the speed component
in the direction between you and the beacon. The speed component is the
velocity of the aircraft times the cosine of the angle between your line to
the beacon and the course of the aircraft. This would seem to indicate the
course of the aircraft is close to perpendicular to the line between you and
the beacon. My rough calculations say about 75 degrees. You might want to
find a pilot and see if there's a preferred route (standard routings that
Air Traffic Control uses for traffic between cities) has with that
approximate course somewhere midway between you and the beacon. Bet it
checks out.

    Bon chance, (Sorry my French is very rusty.)

    Jerry, K0TV FN42