Re: Bounce your signal off Mir (passive satellite)

I have not tried "Mir Bouncing" transmissions.  However I have noticed when
there was a lot of ground activity trying to contact MIR that if I just
tracked MIR and had my  squelch barely closed, it would open noisily for
the duration of a MIR pass.  I feel that with MIR having a nice resonant
antenna on the outside that it was being excited by all the on-frequency RF
from the ground and was re-raidiating it back, although ever so weakly.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org