RE: Bounce your signal off Mir (passive satellite)

I leave in a valley (the name of my street is Valley Road!)
and am definitely NOT in line of sight of a 144 MHz beacon which
is located at about 280 miles from home.
More than 10 times per hour, the signal becomes readable
for a few minutes, with a nice Doppler effect (shifting from + 300 Hz
down to - 300 Hz).
The same phenomenon occurs with a short waves broadcast transmitter
located about 150 miles from home. The 21 MHz ground wave is just
readable but many + or - 40 Hz Doppler shifted strong sigs appear.
I use the Spectrogram FFT software to clearly analyse
and display the echoes. (Bmp waterfall pictures showing nice "S shape"
records are  available on request).
Where do these echoes come from ? From the airplanes flying in
the Paris area.
I have been trying "MIR bouncing" for more than one year now, but with no
success at all. For theses tests, I'm trying to listen to the VHF transmissions
of a french VHF transatlantic test beacon which beaming west. Beeing located east
of the beacon, I usually don't receive any direct path signal, but I try
to detect MIR echoes. No result ... I have to dig a little bit more
on the link budget :+))

Cheers

Jean-Louis F6AGR