Re: Geoff Perry, SK

I first met Geoff at an AMSAT UK symposium in the mid 1980s at which I
gave a talk on Phase 3 orbit determination and maneuver
planning. Afterwards Geoff came up to me and said that I had just
helped him figure out the rationale behind some plane-change maneuvers
he'd seen in Soviet spacecraft that had long puzzled him.

The manner in which he shared the excitement of his discovery made me
realize just how exceptional a teacher he was, and how lucky his
students were to have him. I sure wish he could have been one of my
teachers when I was a kid.

Phil