Re: KENWOOD TM-255

Another suggestion: try it and see. This is not an "all-or-nothing" situation:
if you can hear APT sync pulses you're going to get a picture. It may be
degraded from the narrow bandwidth, but it's better than nothing.

If you decide you would like to see more - after you have your antenna, preamp,
computer and so on all sorted out - another option is a modified scanner. I use
such a radio (modified Realistic Pro-43) and get decent pictures. You can see
some on http://www.qsl.net/va3ldh/wxsat.html

People seem to delight in stressing over this. I don't know why...

Laura Halliday VA3LDH	"Laisse le vent tout emporter..."
Grid: FN03gs				- Foly/Viennet