Geoff Perry: A life that mattered

Geoff Perry has clearly earned the highest award that can
be given to a person.  It was not his M.B.E., which he
clearly deserved, but the "A Life that Mattered" award.

On a more personal note:

When Geoff came over to be a speaker at an AMSAT
banquet years ago, before he retired to Bude, he
stayed with me for a while.  I arranged for him to
speak at  three letter institutions.  He gave
talks to packed houses.  He received affirmation
of his scooping those that should have known about
the location of Plesetsk. Some of them remembered
him well.  They were still wiping egg off their faces.
I have never seen so much delight on a person's face.

He was a terrific person to Shann, the kids, and I.
My kids still talk of him today on occasion even though
it has been ten years since they have seen him.  Of
all the people I have met and things I have done in my
association with AMSAT, getting to know this man
stands right at the top of my list.

Bob