Re: KENWOOD TM-255

Frank:

The bandwidth of that radio is not sufficient to copy the APT
weather sats.  You need at least 30 kHz and 40 if you don't
want to track Doppler.  Hamtronics makes a relatively cheap ($250)
receiver and I understand that both of the ICOM computer controlled
boxes will work nicely.  The cheaper ICOM is around $300.

Regards,
Richard W5SXD