UO-22 news

UO-22 has now entered full sunlight and the temperatures have increased
considerably.  I have turned the satellite upside down to point the critical
systems to cold space - a maneuver which takes a couple of days due to the
gravity gradient boom.  This has reduced the temperature on various systems,
such as the batteries, by between 5 and 10 degrees (it's impossible to be
precise without turning it back up the other way).  An unfortunate
by-product of this is that the downlink is now quite weak.

I expect the satellite to remain in full sunlight until late March, when I
will probably turn it back over again.  Over the next couple of years this
situation will become worse as the no eclipse periods become longer.

Only the 145.9MHz receiver is usable for communications at the moment.  The
other receiver has not been working properly for the past few weeks.

73,
Chris G7UPN / ZL2TPO
UoSAT control station manager