Re: Beam Headings for the Birds

This may be an over application of KISS - but here goes:

Terrestrial great circle paths exist because the earth is a sphere (at least
close enough for this thought model)

A satellite in orbit about this earthly sphere is also moving along the surface
of another sphere - it's orbit.

Great circle still applies.

Only difference would be the relative angles dictated by connecting the
shortest possible line from a point on the surface of the smaller sphere to a
point on the larger sphere (without re-intersecting the surface of the smaller
sphere - unless you're working some of the unusual propagation we've been
hearing about).

So I'd say, yes - great circle thinking applies - mostly

Ok gurus - close enough?

73

--
                  KC7ZRU      |   In Laramie Area