From: Paul Williamson <kb5mu@AMSAT.Org>
To: jbblack@mindspring.com
CC: "AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Dumb Question
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:33:14 -0800

At 04:54 PM 1/17/00 -0600, jbblack@mindspring.com wrote:
 >When the PSK birds call for a SSB downlink, is this LSB or USB?

Yes. Either will do.

One may work better than the other if your rig uses a different crystal
filter for each sideband. Try both.

You'll need to tell the PSK modem which sideband you're using, if you
connect the up/down buttons for automatic frequency control. Otherwise the
AFC will run backwards and you won't be able to stay on frequency. The TAPR
modem has a toggle switch on the front panel for this. Other modems may have
a software control. If your modem has no control for this, you can always
swap the up and down signals on the cable to the transceiver.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org