Re: Trees

In a message dated 1/17/00 10:54:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
DAVED@ctilidar.com writes:

> My QTH has big trees all around. These trees are in excess of 100', whereas
>  my antennas will be about 45'. Will I be able to transmit and receive ok
>  through the trees?

Hi Dave,

Depends on the freq and type of tree. Here at my QTH in Vermont, I'm
surrounded by 75'+ oak trees. No problem. I used to have a bunch of pine
trees around and those cause problems at 70 cm. Mother Nature solved that
problem for me by sending a freak high wind storm through the neighborhood a
few years back. It uprooted all of them. Luckily they didn't go through my
bedroom roof, like at one neighbor's house, or crush my car, like happened to
another neighbor. After the cleanup is when I got into satellites because I
knew 70 cm wouldn't be a problem!

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649