Re: elevation sensor

>This may be of interest to some.
>
>I received a catalog today from Winegard (www.winegard.com).
>Winegard has been a maker of TV antennas for many years.
>
>The item that caught my attention is the DE-4600 digital elevation
>sensor which "gives exact elevation of the antenna on an LCD readout
>inside the vehicle. Accurate to within 1 degree, even when the
>vehicle is not level. Includes 20 ft of 4 conductor cable. Requires
>12Vdc or 9 V battery."
>
>They show it attached to a satellite dish intended for mounting on
>the roof of an RV. No price given. There is probably a dealer list
>on the web site.
>
>ron w8gus.

Thanks for the heads up on this device Ron.  However, they turn out
to be a little pricy at US$119.00 each.

I have a need for something similar but less costly to measure
elevation with an LCD display.  Didn't Sears Roebuck or some company
make a digital carpenter level at one time?

73, Dennis

     /  /  /  /  /      * Dennis Dinga           * dennis@dinga.com
    /--/--/--/--/       * 1024 Twin Canyon       * n6dd@amsat.org
   /  /  /| /  /  N6DD  * Diamond Bar, CA 91765  * Tel: 909-860-1515