houston amsat net

we will be moving from our long time wd5bdx repeater on 147.10 in houston
to a new home on 145.45 on february 3, 2000.

this will have no affect to anyone listening via tvronet or real audio. however,
those visiting houston or in houston will now be able to find us on the 145.45
wb5rdk repeater. this repeater is located about 50 feet from the 145.47
repeater atop the roof of memorial hospital southwest (southwest freeway
and beechnut). with an anteanna height of 150 feet from the ground.

the reason: the group of buildings that make up greenway plaza in houston
has finally found that 300-500 dollars per month is a lot more money for rack
space and antenna space than they wish to donate to amateur radio. all the
amateur repeaters in this building complex are being told to leave and most
by march 1, 2000. thus our move to a new repeater.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                or: kk5do@houston.rr.com
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on TVRONet GE-4, T16 Upper, 5.8Mhz