Another interesting use for RS-13

Over the years of working the RS birds I've experienced times when I could
copy the beacons Just before the birds came into range, Then the beacon
would disappear and then re-appear when it finally did come into range.
Interesting propagation phenomenon. Lately, 10 meter propagation has been
so good, I've been able to hear the RS-13 beacon once while it has been
over Europe, and once when it was over the south pole.

The interesting use is that you can use the RS-13 beacon to determin what
locations 10 meters is open to.

73, kb7adl