Request for StenSat Telemetry

Hello everyone,

Please send us StenSat telemetry reports after the launch...

StenSat is scheduled to be launched into orbit tomorrow, January 14th at
7:04 PM PST (or Jan 15 at 3:04 AM in UTC).  The plan is for StenSat to be
ejected from the OPAL mothership one or more days later.

Stanford is waiting to eject the picosatellites until they are given a good
lock from Space command on OPAL that will  allow for tracking of the
picosats.  This may take one or more days but we have requested that
StenSat be released as early as possible after the Friday launch (hopefully
during the weekend). I will post an email on the amsat-bb and update the
StenSat web page as soon as I learn more.

StenSat will be launched with the batteries completely discharged and
StenSat will need at least one or two hours of exposure to sunlight before
StenSat wakes up and starts transmitting 1200 baud AX.25 AFSK packet
telemetry.  After waking up and while the batteries are charged StenSat
will broadcast a telemetry packet every 5 seconds and a Morse code ID will
be sent every four minutes.

At a later date we will issue the command for placing StenSat into voice
repeater mode.  Until then, please try to "PING" StenSat with either of the
following standard telephone touch tone DTMF commands:

	#7464464		- (# key followed by the digits) to ping a packet once
	#7370563		- to report an extended packet.

The uplink frequencies is 145.84 MHz and the downlink is 436.625 MHz.
Preliminary Keps can be found at Randy N7SFI's web site:

	http://www.xmission.com/~kohlwey/keps.txt

Finally, more info can be found at:
	http://users.erols.com/hheidt/telem.htm
	http://users.erols.com/hheidt/