RE: FiberOptic Satcomm

Dave D'Epagnier <DAVED@ctilidar.com> wrote:

>I'll admit the fiber idea is interesting, but a very expensive
>alternative to coax for low bandwith requirements..

Doesn't seem to be that expensive... I've found lots of surplus
fiber optic hardware fairly cheap.  There are some other advantages
that haven't been discussed, i.e. immunity to strong RF fields,
no disruption to antenna patterns, reduced corrosion problems with
connectors and cable, etc, that would be worth considering as well.

Mike N4CNW