Fiber Optic Information

Gave an amateur satellite presentation at a local club meeting tonight -
Murphy's Law hit early and hard, but that's not my problem.  A question was
asked during the discussion of feedline regarding the use of fiber optics
instead of coax.  I told him I wouldn't use because of the possibility of
"micro-bends" when the fiber gets bent and twisted during satellite
tracking.  He didn't think this would be an issue.  However, it seems that I
have seen this addressed here before and the reasons for not using fiber for
feedline.  Does my memory serve me correctly?

Thanks.

73,
Joel
OM:  Joel B. Black, K2SAT     XYL:  Kristie H. Black, KF4CHN
Eutaw, AL...............EM62       kahblack@mindspring.com
AMSAT member #32589
AMSAT Local Area Coordinator
jbblack@mindspring.com