ux-14s

>Hi Bill
>
>What are the specifics of the UX-14 units?
>
>My tracking system allows full control of the IC-271/471 pair
>simply by plugging into the "remote" jack socket at TTL level.
>
>Have a look at the web site www.qsl.net/zl2amd/
>
>73
>Dave Lamont

Thanks for the reply Dave,

The UX-14s are serial to parallel converter boards fitted as an option to
allow the KCT/T (or whatever) to access the parallel CAT interface on the
271/471 series to control initial frequency setting and doppler tuning. Mine
are working with WiSP and the Windows driver for the KCT/T.

There may other ways of doing it but I haven't seen anything written about
it and it all integrates nicely into the WiSP package. Mine works fine and
always has done but the ux-14 supplies dried up a year or two ago after the
newer model ICOMs came out with a serial CAT interface.

I understand that the ux-14 units are not just a simple ser/par converter
but there is some sort of ROM-based comms protocol built in as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

Regards, Bill...vk3jt