UX-14 units

Mike DL1GNM wrote:

>My "old" IC271/471 are without UX-14 Interface. But I want to
>control the QRG´s of those transceivers. The UX-14 can´t be
>bought anymore, it´s discontinued.
>
>Have you any suggestions how to build such an interface?
>It´s not only a level converter.
>
>Regards, Mike DL1GNM @ AMSAT.ORG

Like you Mike, I too would be interested in hearing some news about ICOM
UX-14 units.

Early last year I sent out a request similar to yours. After a while some
units were traced to a distributer in the US but it turned out they only
existed on their computer and there was no actual stock. At one stage we
received an indication from ICOM that they may even do "another batch" if
there was enough interest. I was holding orders for six units and many
others indicated interest but the whole thing just fizzled out and nothing
has been heard for nearly a year now.

Good luck with your request, I will be watching with keen interest. I have a
friend who could get going immediately on the digisats if he could get two
of the UX-14s.

Bill Magnusson ... vk3jt

Milawa Australia