Re: Dualband HT info

You wrote:

>I am looking for a new HT that will allow me to work ao-27 and so-35.  What
>HT's are people using that allow full crossband duplex, etc?
>
>THanks
>
>Scott
>Scott Olitsky, M.D.
>Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
>The Children's Hospital of Buffalo
>solitsky@buffalo.edu
>
>AC3A
>Buffalo, NY
>FN03pa
>
>ac3a@arrl.net
>ac3a@amsat.org
>
>No Goal!
>
>NHL Rule 78-B:    Unless the puck is in the goal crease area, a player of
>the attacking side may not stand in the goal crease. If a player has entered
>the crease prior to the puck, and subsequently the puck should enter the net
>while such conditions prevail, the apparent goal shall not be allowed.
>
>www.nogoal.com
>

>----

Scott, the HT commonly in use for the AO 27 bird is the Kenwood TH-D7
which allows full duplex mode to work the up-link and downlink
frequencies on both 144 and 70 cm. I have also had good success with the
Arrow Satellite antenna with the duplexer built in using the Kenwood HT.
Although the power output is limited to 5 W that is more than adequate to
work AO 27 provided that there aren't any QRO enthusiasts in the arena.

Peter

Peter D. Bayne
ARS WK9K
605 Maiden Street