400.1 MHz signal is from ORBCOMM

This is what I sent to Richard Allen yesterday:

"What you're hearing on 400.1 is the many satellites in
the ORBCOMM constellation.
"Each ORBCOMM satellite has a 400.1 MHz transmitter:
"1 watt to a small RHCP quadrafilar.  As you noted, the
signal is unmodulated CW. It's used as a phased
reference for doppler position determination by a
ground terminal.
"All of the ORBCOMM satellites have this transmitter.
There are 35 in oribit at the present time.
"If you have any other questions, please feel free to
ask!  I work in ORBCOMM's Global Regulatory Affairs
73, Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC