Re: 400.1 MHz again ...

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Woody wrote:

> I have a "Satellite Controlled Clock"  model 1026C, made by Arbiter Systems,
> Inc. (ASi).  I picked this up in an equipment trade a year ago.  It is
> complete and looks like it is in good condition.  I have never found out
> which satellites it works with, but it appears to be in the 400 to 500 MHz.
> range.

THat is a GOES time receiver on 468 MHz.  That is the GOES downlink
interrogation signal to all the remmote environmental colleftion
platforms.  Embedded in the interrogations are some clock bits and that
"clock" tunes in to that signal on 468.8375 and 468.825 (by memory, these
might be wrong)...  I think 835 is the East bird and .250 is the west
bird.  YOu can hear them on a scanner...

Bob