Re: 400.1 MHz

At 10:15 AM 06/01/00 -0600, Richard Allen wrote:
>Can anyone tell me what satellites are transmitting
>what appear to be unmodulated carriers on 400.1 MHz
>+- > 7 kHz of Doppler?  There appear to be many LEO
>birds transmitting.
>
>Maybe Iridium or Teledesic????

Russian navigation satellites. Many transmit data around 150 MHz
(like the FSK time data from Tsikada) and then an unmodulated carrier
around 400 MHz - the bigger Doppler gives more accurate location
information.

You can get keps from celestrak for most of the interesting ones,
though most hide behind Cosmos-nnnn numbers.

Laura Halliday VA3LDH   "Que les nuages soient notre pied
Grid: FN03gs                a terre..." - Hospital/Shafte