Re: Y2K no problems except for Logsat

Gang

> Logsat 5.1, however, is not correctly using the 1999 Keps properly.  Once I
> have Y2K
> Keps it looks like it will work correctly.  Until then I am using the old
> DOS version of TrakSat
> which is Y2K complainant.

A trick for the older tracking programs which don't like the previous year's
keplers is to use a false date until new keplers arrive in about a week. i.e.
December 32nd to December 39th 1999 instead of Jan01 to Jan08 2000.

Many of these programs were written in BASIC with no date validation; if
there *is* date validation then REM out the appropriate lines. If that doesn't
work, then ... ain't it time you got some new software from Amsat ?  :))

PS: Hows the new Instanttrack coming on Paul ?

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188