Re: RS-12/13 Mode K Issues With The FCC Notice (and P3D too!)

>  Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 21:42:27 -0800
>  To: K5OE@aol.com, amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>  From: Rich <ranger@eskimo.com>
>  Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] RS-12/13 Mode K Issues With The FCC Notice (and
>    P3D too!)
>
>  Please get it right the Advanced Class licensees will NOT be grandfathered
>
>  Again the NOVICE and ADVANCE CLASS LICENSEES WILL "NOT" be grandfathered

"14.  We also are adopting the suggestion of the National Conference of
VECs (NCVECs) that we not issue new Advanced Class operator licenses and
grandfather licensees holding this class. ..."

"15. ... We also note that grandfathering Novice and Advanced Class
licensees is consistent with both the ARRL's overall request that ..."

"19.  We have considered the record in this proceeding and conclude that
we should adopt our proposal to phase out the Novice Class operator
license while grandfathering current Novice Class licensees.  ... "

Perhaps, I missed something.

-tjs