RS-12/13 Mode K Issues With The FCC Notice (and P3D too!)

I read through the rather lengthy notice and did not find any discussion of
what becomes of the current Advanced Class sub-band in the 15 m band.  The
complete text is available at:

http://www.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/1999/db991230/fcc99412.txt

I will infer, since current Advanced Class licensees will be grandfathered,
that a current Technician Class licensee will need to take both the General
and the Extra written tests to gain access to the RS-13 mode K uplink (21.260
- 21.300).   There does not seem to be any indication in the Notice that
General Class licensees will gain access to the 21.225 - 21.300 spectrum.  If
that is correct, then effectively the Extra Class sub-band will expand from
21.200 - 21.300 when all the grandfathered Advanced Class licensees die off.
I find it hard to believe that was the intent of the FCC.  If you can read
something else in there, let me know.

Please note the P3D 15 m uplink splits the Extra and Advanced portions
(21.210 - 21.250).

73 es Happy New Year,
Jerry, K5OE