RE: Code restructuring & Memorizing Answers !

Joel,

Agree with you 100%- the FCC can reduce code requirements all it wishes- but
it ought to make its written exams a demonstration of the understanding of
AR fundamentals- and not give tests that can easily be passed by
memorization- without demonstrating any understanding or proficiency in
anything !

If the ARRL wants to make a sound restructuring proposal to the FCC, it
ought to be the elimination of written exams where one can pass- by
memorizing answers to specific questions- and not knowing anything !

Happy New Year and All the Best in Y2K,
Jim, N6MV