New hams needed

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, GPersons wrote about the new license structure:

> Do not want to start a fracas but why do say this sucks? I think it will be
> good for the hobby...

Me too.  We need more hams to survive.  I was amazed that during a 1400
mile XMAS trip, about 80% of the trip, I could not find anyone to QSO on
2 meters.  Not that 2m is the be-all/end-all of HAM radio, but it
certainly ain't what it used to be...  We need more and younger hams
coming into the hobby...

bob