Re: Deviation

I meant 3 kHz p-p (per Lyle Johnson in the TAPR 9600 modem manual),
although after I double-checked (it's been several years since I edited
the manual, sorry about that!) I found I had it backward--it is better
to be a little on the high side rather than the low side (he mentions 4
kHz as being acceptable.

Of course, this all depends on receiver bandwidth and tuning accuracy
(including Doppler shift).  You want to be operating in the
linear-phase portion of the receiver's bandpass.  If you get outside
this range, the distortion will increase the bit-error-rate.  I don't
recall the figures for the Pacsat receiver bandwidth, but if 5 kHz
works, that's fine.

Bob

--
Bob Nielsen, W6SWE  (RN2)        nielsen@primenet.com