Re: AO-10 DX

on 12/30/99 1:42 AM, Al Groth at kd4va@sumter.net wrote:

> The Eastern US hams have been having nice AO-10 DX into Europe recently
> between 0530--0800utc.  Thats very late at night  but worth staying up if
> you can.  F8GB, I5MPK, IT9GSV, DG9NB OM3WBC and UA3PAB  sigs have been
> coming in great into SC. out at the 40,000 km range.  I have been using
> about 40 watts up UHF ok.   Elevation angles are from 1 to 6 degrees.
> Normal AO-10 QSB.  No NA stations heard at this station.  FYI.

Earlier this week when the passes were better for us midwestern folk I
worked a new European or two every night.  Even got a UA4.

I think I have now worked about 10 countries on the birds.  Totally cool!
Just got my DXCC awards for mixed mode and phone on HF.  Now I gotta get it
on satellite!

73,

Jon
KE9NA