AO-27 on a HT. How realistic?

Hi all,

	After a lot of reading and listening on the SIG I'm getting closer to
working a bird for real, not just bouncing APRS packets off Mir.

	I reckon AO-27 has got to be a good start point, mainly because I'm not
going to have to buy anything expensive to work it. So if I get myself an
Arrow antenna and use my TH-D7 am I really going to be able to work through
it?

	Please remember I'm in the UK, it was always a battle getting one UI frame
into Mir, is it realistic to expect to work AO-27 with 5w and an Arrow with
so many potential big guns just over "the river" in Europe?

73......Ciemon Dunville G0TRT      email: g0trt@amsat.org
 Loc: 5207.25N 00058.23E          www: http://go.to/APRSUK
  Tel: +44 (0)7715 104275             ICQ#: 6263612