Re: Exact Beam headings

Hi

Not today though its raining here.

When ever I have set up my satellite antennas after one of our moves I have
always tracked the Sun, we get plenty of that here normally, and by holding
a large white sheet of cardboard behind the antennas have adjusted the beams
to the sharpest picture on the cardboard, this way I know that I am tracking
the sun 100% spot on.

My recent move it was not possible to get in a position to hold the
cardboard so I waited until the sun was high, tracked it and looked up the
beam adjusting to it was pointed directly at it. Use good sunglasses doing
it this way though.

Maybe this will assist some one.

Regards Brian

Maureen and Brian Beamish VK4BBS