STS-103/HST sighting

Thanks to the ATV group here in Phoenix, who have been rebroadcasting
the
audio from NASA TV on 425.750 WFM, I became aware of a possible sighting

opportunity. By going to the NASA sight, I was able to get the
particulars.
At approximately 6:10 PM Phoenix time, I was able to discern two objects

tracking across the twilight sky with my unaided vision. Jean Francois
had
effected a release of Hubble about an hour before this, and the
Discovery
had been positioned to an orbit ahead of Hubble. I heard on my HT just
before the sighting that a water release from Discovery was being
performed,
and the flume ? of ice crystals below and traveling with Discovery left
no
doubt in my mind what I was seeing. It was absolutely awesome. Another
sighting opportunity will occur this evening at 6:19 PM in the Phoenix
area.
Thanks to all who made this possible. Listening to all the activity,
particularly the EVAs, has just been great. I was able to share the
listening experience with some children, who were also awe stricken. The

sighting was a great Xmas present for me, just as all the phenomenal
work on
Hubble by the astronauts was a wonderful gift for the scientific
community.
I can't believe that there hasn't been more media coverage of STS-103.
NASA
TV is available in the basic Dish Network package here in the Phoenix
area.
I'm going to have to get with that program before the next Shuttle
flight.

73s de Dennis KD7CAC