Finding North

If you are using two directional antennas, I like using a variation of
Mikes, KF4DFJ, approach.  I use my tracking software to determine the
exact
location of the sun near mid-day.  I then point my antennas up 90 degrees
and align their shadow with the shadow of the mast that is falling 180
degrees from the sun.  I then rotate the antennas so that the shadows are
perfectly lined up.  This seems to be accurate to within a degree or so
and I think more accurate then "eyeballing" the northstar or moon from
behind the antennas.

Scott
AC3A