Re: Now HERE is a stupid question...

Go to your local Boy Scout supply shop or any good camping supply shop and
buy a compass or a copy of the Orientering merit badge book. It has a map
of the United states that will give the magnetic deviation of where ever
you are. It will also teach how to use a compass. MOst compasses come with
an instruction that will have the deviation map on it. Nice to know should
your GPS ever fail! HI
Happy Y2K!

Gary