Now HERE is a stupid question...

Fellow Hams:

I'm about to install my first az/el satellite antenna system (yeah!).  The
stupid question is:

When I align my antennas, do I use magnetic north or true north?  If the
answer is true north, how do I find my "offset value" to add or subtract
from magnetic north?  Is there any offset for elevation?

The point being, (other than the obvious being able to point my antennas at
the darn satellite) I want to automate my system eventually, and I was
wondering what the satellite tracking programs use.

Just wondering...

Thanks,
Tim
K3TZ