Re: Shuttle Visual

Mark,

At 07:00 PM 12/25/1999 -0600, Mark Johns wrote:
>Mike Gilchrist wrote:
>
> > We are often rewarded with Hubble sightings, considering our southern
> > location, but seldom get a decent view of the Shuttle.  To see both of them
> > together was a nice reward for suffering effects of the night chill.
>
>Those of us living north of the 42nd parallel are not only jealous of your
>view,
>but we'd like to have a few words with you about "suffering" in the "night
>chill."  It's a balmy 31 degrees here right now, but it was 15 below a couple
>nights ago.  The antenna rotators move real slowly in that.

"Small things for small minds," or some such saying is in order.

I never grow tired of watching for satellites in the night sky, and the
combination of the shuttle and Hubble together really was the brightest
I've EVER seen.

I remember standing in my grandfather's back yard, on the edge of the
prairie in Pueblo, CO, circa late 50s, early 60s, and watching the
satellites as grandpa announced which country launched which one.  He was
particularly proud of Echo.

Grandpa would have enjoyed the observation tonight.

I went outside just now to see if I could view the next orbit, but it is
too far past sunset.

My thermometer says it's 52 degrees here tonight.  That Mark, is what we
call "Florida freezing!"

73, Mike

                                        __\/__
  |  P  | |f|   * I.S. Professional .............. Computer Consultant *
  |  3  |=|d|   * AO10, AO27, Fujis, RS13, RS15, MIR?, SO35, UO22, ATV *
  |  D  | |j|   * KITSAT,  kf4fdj-9 van tracker, SSTV, MS,  E&F Layers *
  |     | | |   *    Bringing Oscar demos to the Lee County Schools.   *
                                   .oooO   (   )
                                     \_)