Project help.

Good afternoon,

	Well, now that all that CFA stuff seems to be dying down...  we can get
back to antennas.

	Well, my winter project is moving right along.  What I do not have yet
is a fiberglass boom to mount the 2m and 70cm C.P. yagis on.  I have read
much discussion on fiberglass Vs. Steel cross boom, and letting the coax
hang
off the back of the antennae rather than taping it all to the antenna boom
and around to the elevation rotor for satellite tracking.  I got a real nice
professional fiberglass box, 30x24x12, to mount on the tower.  The amps and
pre-amps will go in there, so the full 160 watts will be right at the
antennae.

	Any consensus on fiberglass Vs. Steel cross-boom, cables securely
taped on the antenna Vs. hanging loose, and antennae mounted + or X.  Any
input appreciated.  Thanks

Vy73,  Mike.   KD9KC    MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@elp.rr.com  -  kd9kc@amsat.org
Home page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/
The farthest WEST ham in West Texas.

2nd Amendment: Not just the U.S. Constitution, but the Bible:

"When the strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his
goods are in peace."

Luke 11:21 (RSV)