Re: new Kenwood rig

on 12/22/99 13:08, John Charles at m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Some time ago there was a description of a new Kenwood mobile with built
> in 9K6 modem, etc. which was to come on to the market at the end of the
> year. Unfortunately I seem to have lost the posts - fatal trying to tidy
> up mailing lists :(
>
> I see that the TMD-700E is now being advertised here in the UK and
> wondered if this is the model? If the same model is available now in the
> US also I wonder how the cost compares. 520 UKP recommended but seen for
> 469 UKP.

John,

You have the correct radio!  Obviously, the 700E is the European version.
Over here we are still waiting for the TMD-700A to receive FCC approval.  It
is due sometime this month and the radio is supposed to hit the market in
January.

I guess you all have it for sale over there before we do!  Bummer!

73,

Jon
KE9NA

The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na